Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quote Post

I woke up at 3am this morning. My mind was racing and I couldn't slow it down. This seems to be happening a lot lately. There are so many unknowns & obstacles in my life right now. Sometimes the only way to cope with things (especially in the middle of the night) is to read some of my favorite quotes. Here are a few of my favorites...


“Good things as well as bad, you know, are caught by a kind of infection. If you want to get warm you must stand near the fire: if you want to be wet you must get into the water. If you want joy, power, peace, eternal life, you must get close to, or even into, the thing that has them.”
-C.S. Lewis
“Wisdom means to choose now what will make sense later. I am learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be, to inspire me and not terrify me.”
“Today I choose to feel the pain of sitting through a feeling, the terror in realizing that I am powerless over so many things, and the joy in knowing that I do not experience these things alone. I fight my feet when they beg me to run and battle my mind in its attempts to protect me from remembering the things I worked so hard to forget. Today is a constant war for healing. It is filled with promise and potential.”


“I think hope is not simply looking around and saying that everything’s great – that’s just ridiculous. For hope to have substance, it has to acknowledge the pain.”



“Sometimes, there are things in our life that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes, change may not be what we want. Sometimes, change is exactly what we need. And sometimes, saying goodbye is the hardest thing you think you’ll ever have to do, but sometimes, saying hello again is the thing that breaks you down and makes you more vulnerable than you ever thought possible. Sometimes, change is too much to bear. But most of the time, change is the only thing saving your life.”


“Sometimes burning bridges isn’t a bad thing… It prevents you from going back to a place you should never have been to begin with.”


No comments:

Post a Comment