Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Overwhelmed

The number of responses and amount of love from my "50lb" post has been overwhelming. I was literally sweating, like pitting out my t-shirt, after I published that. THANK YOU, every single one of you, for your kind words of encouragement. Not surprisingly, I shed a tear with each new comment. You have no idea how much that meant to me. 

Eating disorders tend to be swept under the rug in today's society and somewhere along the way, skinny became the new glamorous. I can't think of a single woman in my life who is 100% content with their looks or thinks they would be happier if they dropped 5 or 10 pounds- how did this happen? It breaks my heart.

For the first time ever instead of lying, manipulating and letting down the ones I love (thank you, eating disorder), I can finally come clean. No more ignoring what has become the number one cause of death among all mental health disorders. Ten years have gone by with this heavy, heavy burden and dark secret weighing me down. As terrifying as it has been, it's out in the open now and I couldn't be happier.

Scary thing is, now that I can talk about it, I might never shut up. 

Progress.

Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, for all of the support. I would not be this far along in my recovery without the acceptance and love you have shared with me.

1 comment: