Monday, July 15, 2013

"I Wouldn't Want To Be Any Thinner"


Last night something really, really strange happened. After finishing my night snack, brushing my teeth, and putting my pj's on, I looked in the mirror and thought... brace yourself... 
"I wouldn't want to be any thinner." 

What?!


I immediately picked up my phone and bragged to my best friend. That was a huge moment for me. Even if I don't feel that way today or again anytime soon, I think it's a good idea for me recognize the importance of that moment. If I can think it once, then there is a good chance I can feel that way again in the future. 

Being content with my current weight is not something I have ever been able to do. Like ever. I remember thinking last night about how sick I must have looked xx pounds ago. It's hard for me to even picture myself that way anymore. In my opinion, having a positive body image (even if only for one night) means some of those self-destructive thoughts have been changed into happy, healthy self thoughts. I honestly didn't know if this would ever happen.

This post is short and sweet, but just as important as any other post. I am marking this "I wouldn't want to be any thinner" day down on my calender!

Progress.

16 comments:

  1. This is a day that DEFINITELY needs to be marked on your calendar, love. It's something to hold on to when things get rough, and it's tempting to give up. I was very happy to open up feedly and see this today, and I hope the rest of your day is as beautiful as the start <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Caitlin! I will definitely cling onto this day and it keep it in mind in the future. <3

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful beautiful moment.
    You ARE DOING IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this honestly made me cry. i hate hate hate the weight gain and to know its possible to not only accept it, but to also like myself sounds too far fetched. your posts inspire me to keep fighting. don't stop writing, no matter how small your progress may be. you are giving so many of us hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way too kind - we are all fighting the same battle. Thanks for such a lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  4. The more recovery you have, the more these moments come. It's a law of recovery :) It is a significant moment, and definitely needs to be marked! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A law of recovery?? I love that idea! You always make me smile. :) xx

      Delete
  5. Praise God, that is wonderful! Thank you for sharing that moment! Progress is progress. I hope those kinds of moments come more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating and wonderful. Made my whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats wonderful Kelsi ! I love these moments when i recognize that my body image got better and i think of them when i have a bad body image day. It´s a prove everything will be ok one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live for proof that everything will be okay. I love love love those moments too! <3

      Delete
  8. You go girl!!!! :) You're beautiful... so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete